August 4, 2020
The Governor of Ohio, in conjunction with the Ohio Department of Health, and the Ohio Department of Jobs and Family Services has changed their mandatory requirements for Responsible Restart Ohio, as it relates to Child Care. I have crossed out what we are no longer required to do. I have left those things that aren’t changing. I have put in bold the new requirements. These changes will be effective Monday, August 10, 2020.
DURING THE DAY:
- Upon arrival, the adult dropping off will ring the doorbell, and a staff member will open the door and take your child’s temperature before allowing them to enter (if their temperature is 100F or higher, they will not be allowed to enter); We are also looking for other symptoms, as outlined in the attached letter.
- Upon entry, the adult and child will need to immediately use hand sanitizer;
- The adult will then be allowed to check their mailbox, use a Title XX tablet (if applicable), and/or visit the office;
Parents will no longer take their child upstairs or to their assigned area;
- After using hand sanitizer, children will be allowed to eat breakfast, if they so desire:
- parents will no longer get breakfast ready for their child;
- a staff member
will be assigned to the new breakfast area, and will prepare the child’s meal;
Breakfast will only be served from 6:30am-8:30am; Breakfast will return to the normal schedule, being served until 8:45am.
- After breakfast, or if breakfast is declined, a staff member will see that your child gets to their assigned area;
- Children must be here by 9am on the days they’re going to participate in our program.
Parents will be permitted to enter the building during the day, but only to visit the office;
Parents will no longer be allowed to visit their child’s classroom or be allowed to have class parties (including Birthday Parties);
- Hand sanitizer and/or soap and water will continue to be used as outlined in Appendix B to Ohio Administrative Code 5101:2-12-13;
- Hand sanitizer will also be used every time a child enters a new room;
- If your child falls ill during the day we will do the following:
- place a mask on your child;
- place them on a cot in the office;
- contact you for someone to pick them up within 1 hour;
Lunch Time will be staggered so that no more than one group is eating in a room, unless the room has a temporary wall to divide the room into smaller spaces, as prescribed by the Ohio Department of Health;
- Nap time will be done as normal, allowing for two classes to nap in the same room,
using a temporary wall to divide the room into smaller spaces, as prescribed by the Ohio Department of Health;
Afternoon Snack will be served in your child’s classroom.
We would prefer the same person that drops off the child to pick-up the child, but this is only a suggestion;
- Upon entering the building, the adult will need to use hand sanitizer;
- After using hand sanitizer, they may check their mailbox, use a Title XX tablet (if applicable), and/or visit the office;
If picking-up before 3:30pm, the adult will need to go to the office;
After 3:30pm, a staff member will call for your child, as the adult waits by the mailboxes (Toddler, Preschool, and Pre-K children will never be out of a staff members sight, as they walk to the mailboxes);
- If your child is on the playground, the adult will need to walk back there to pick them up;
- Your child will need to use hand sanitizer as they leave the building.
I sincerely appreciate your patience as we continue to navigate through new territory. If you have any questions or concerns, please stop by my office.
You can find the document used to make this list by visiting:
Rev. Brett Dague
- Our staff members will
not be required to wear masks, but will be able to do so at their own discretion;
- Adults dropping off and/or picking up children will
not be required to wear masks , but will be able to do so at their own discretion;
- Any child in 3rd Grade or above is required to wear a mask (it would be helpful if you could send them in a mask);
Children are Any other child is allowed to be sent to the center in masks, but we cannot guarantee that it will remain on them at all times;
- Employees will have their temperature taken upon arrival, and will be immediately sent home if they’re temperature is 100F or higher;
- Water fountains will not be used;
- Coolers with water will be placed outside at the playground and beside the water fountain upstairs and by the water fountain in the lunch room, and disposable cups will be used.
If you are enrolling for Summer Day Camp as a new student you must also fill out the Enrollment Forms and the Summer Day Camp Registration